Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Is it 7pm yet?

Today was long and I mean long in the sense that I must have glanced at the clock on our mantel every two minutes. No Joey wasn't teething and he even had a great nap in the middle of the day but this mom was one short fuse from blowing up. I must have picked that kid off the wood stove 30 times today. And another 20 off The sub woofer, also a favorite place to play with the little switch on the back just waiting to be ripped of and eaten before my very eyes.

So on the last trip to the stove I called his name "Joey" like I had the rest of the thousands of times previous and yelled out a firm stern "No" I marched over picked him up and gave him a spanking. One with my hand, not hard, just noticeable on his back side. It just about killed me. Guess who hasn't been back to the stove. Mom meant business.
To bad I felt so guilty after the fact. After dinner we played more before bath time. Joey loves walking across the floor. He got a walker cart/toy for Christmas and he is so smitten to push it across the floor. He smile so big and you can just see the excitement in his eyes. Back and forth between John and I. He'd do it all day long if we let him. I'd be lost without him.

The bread machine came today and John has been hoarding the instruction manual and shaking the bed with his foot since Joey went to bed. So I'm posting this photo as a sort of revenge. Let's hope he brings me some jello before he reads this blog post.




- All the love in the universe!


No comments:

Post a Comment