Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Progress

That's right we were on a roll today. I knew from the moment I opened my eyes this morning it was going to be one heck of a great day. I mean can you really have two bad days in a row? Fate has got to tip a hat to you once in a while.

Joey spared us a poopy diaper right from the get go. And because he didn't smell like a dumpster fire we played for a few minutes in our bed. If you get to him before he's had time to discover he's awake the little guy actually feels like cuddling. And John and I can never get enough.


John got a hair cut and Joey and I both made it through breakfast without wearing oatmeal in our hair. And we were off to the balk food store in Sandusky. We headed north to pick up bread flour for a grand adventure in bread making in the afternoon.We made bread for the fist time ever. It smells so good.


To bad I butchered the loaf with a dull bread knife. I'll have to work on my loaf carving skills.

I tried hard to enjoy playing this afternoon. I am still learning to set the chores aside, turn the tv off and put my adult life on hold so that we can have time to play. I read "Mr. Brown can Moo can you" four times today not because I was thrilled with "dribble dribble dribble drop" but because when Joey lays back in my lap and smiles I know we both are right were we need to be.



He loves looking out the window so much now. I just wish we had one he could always see out. I guess it just means I'm going to spend some time looking at the outside. In the end it's probably good for both him and I.


I started giving Joey laundry basket rides in the hallway up stairs. He loves it. And it's good to get my blood pumping. It's hard work. Tonight Leslie came over and joined in the fun.

YouTube Video




-ALL THE LOVE IN THE UNIVERSE-

No comments:

Post a Comment