Friday, March 4, 2011

I got a feeling

Some days when I open my eyes I just know, I know that when I throw back the covers and place my feet on the the floor everything is just going to come together. I love those days. It seems more and more world is on my side.

It's the little things in life that make it worth living. Sunshine coming in the window, the pot of tulips just waiting to open on my kitchen table, the way John's arms feel around me at the end of a long day. I've been making a a serious effort to change the way I see the world. To make the most of the times when life makes my blood boil and to remember to sit back and enjoy the things that give me that lump in the back of my throat.

Yesterday as I was getting out of the shower I was listening to John and Joey downstairs. " Shhhhhh,  Joey don't you want to learn about yeast." John said. We've been making bread and enjoying it very much. I couldn't help but chuckle.

A couple weeks ago marked John's fourth year here in the mitten state. It's hard to believe that it's been that long. He's changed so much since we first met. He's still the loving, kind hearted man I fell in love with but he's really taken to the laid back lifestyle of the midwest. He loves looking up at the stars at night, stopped smoking, makes bread, drives a tractor, helps me in the garden, gets his hair cut at a place with one chair and a $7 price tag. He's left his banded bottom polo shirts for t-shirts with Joey puke stains and holes and He's more excited about a Radio Flyer wagon and this summers flea market season than I am.

Yesterday as we were searching for a new cat food at the store he was reading the labels. When I asked him what he was looking for he turned to me and said, "I just want to make sure there is more than beaks and claws in n here." He watches out for all of us, even the cat.

Here's a few from the past couple days.

 In the playpen and loving it. 
 He's getting faster and faster. Not even the giant mess of toys on the living room floor slows him down.
 I have to sneak in photos of him playing. He's always looking my way these days.
 John dancing in the kitchen for Jojo.

The world is such a crazy place that I think to better help my new mindset I'm going to list a few things with each post that I am thankful for.

I'm thankful for:
#1 The ability to photograph the life of my family.
#2 My boss calling me this morning to tell me I have an hour and a half of extra time this morning.
#3 The dryer without it I'd be wearing wet jeans to work.
#4 Nap time, I don't believe this really needs an explanation.


ALL THE LOVE IN THE UNIVERSE

1 comment: