Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Horder

Two weeks ago I swiped my little plastic card at the Apple Store and brought home a new iMac to the Antrosiglio house. Our thoughts were that we would convert our old one to a server and I could finally retire my very loyal, but aging MacBook Pro. Instead of just putting it up on a shelf and using the hard drive as a place to store the things that I may miss someday in the distant future, I'm giving it up, and giving it to my sister who I'm sure will get a good couple of years out of the old girl. After all how much power does it really take to surf the internet? 


I thought this would be easy, cleaning up the last six years of my digital existence. Not so much. In that time I've gotten engaged, married, had a baby, been on numerous vacations, created handfuls of birth announcements, Christmas cards, shower and wedding invitations and a few surprise birthday parties. 


I've had to move all it to new places and hope that I haven't forgotten anything. The thought of losing any of those photographs that someday my family will look back at when I'm no longer here makes my skin crawl. 


It's been a great two weeks rediscovering all those moments that have come and gone again. Like finding old notes from high school or a dollar in the street. I even came across the the first email John had ever written to me. I still swoon now like I did then. I hope someday our grandchildren will have them to read and know just how much we loved each other. 


Here's a screen shot from all my cleaning. Cir. sometime last summer. It's hot and there are pickles. You can't ask for anything more than that. 

Maybe I'm obsessing to much but after all isn't all this stuff, all these memories, the foundation of our family tree, and
the toughest part of any tree is its roots. 


Today I'm thankful for:
#11 The ability to back up my digital existence
#12 the Open window in my bedroom 
#80 my grandmother on her 80th birthday. 


All the LOVE in the universe

No comments:

Post a Comment