Thursday, March 10, 2011

Green Grass Dreaming

Yesterday it rained and rained and rained some more. And the snow, there are still traces of it everywhere.

It's about this time every year that I've had all my fill of winter. I think about it often, being overtaken with an euphoria the moment I feel the warm south wind on my face, when the grass greens up. It's so wonderful, the smell of earthworms. When I can spend well deserve time in my flower gardens cleaning up what I left behind in the fall. Fifty degrees is tropical in March.

I took the long way home yesterday. I bumped and dipped my way down the back roads just for a change of pace. It clears my mind and gives me a feeling like nothing else. Those bumpy roads wake my soul.


The snow lays on the earth like a afghan.



Rain on the window as wipers, whip, back, and forth. Beautiful.


Good friends came for dinner last night. Tulips and jelly jars remind me of spring.

Today I'm thankful for:
#8 Rainy days
#9 The way my husband smells after a shower.
# 10 Dirt roads because real life doesn't happen along the highway.

No comments:

Post a Comment